Membership for Independent Insurance Agencies
Big I Maryland is committed to helping independent agencies success in today's ever-changing insurance industry. We are proud to serve as the unrelenting advocate and business partner for over 150 Trusted Choice independent insurance agencies across Maryland. By joining Big I Maryland, you get a partner to help guide you to success. We help connect you to a community of insurance professionals and a suite of top tier products and services that will allow you to focus on what is important - your agency.
Gain access to a suite of top tier products and services that will help you gain a competitive edge and grow your agency. Here are some of the many resources we offer to help independent agencies:
- Access to new insurance markets, subject to carrier approval
- High-quality errors and omissions insurance (E&O)
- Hundreds of training and continuing education (CE) sessions
- Discounted registrations for events and continuing education seminars
- One-on-one help from our staff of insurance and business gurus
- A voice in our legislative priorities
- Automatic membership in the Big I Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA) and access to all their resources
- Access to the Trusted Choice national branding campaign and marketing grants
Plus, Big I Maryland membership also provides your agency with discounted rates on education classes and conferences, use of Trusted Choice national marketing brand and Marketing Reimbursement program, 30-minute complimentary agency perpetuation consulting, membership in the Big "I" (our national association) with access to all their resources, and much more.
Starting an Agency?
If you're starting an agency, joining Big I Maryland is the best way to begin your journey in the independent agency system. Big I Maryland offers many of the tools you will need to open and operate a successful agency such as E&O insurance, market access, agency management tools and more. Our New Agency Toolbox is a 10-step guide that will help you navigate the many areas you will need to cover and connect you with valuable resources as you open your agency.
Our Membership Department is here to help you with any questions you may have during the application process or once you have joined the association. Contact our membership team at email@example.com or 410-766-0600 for assistance.