Once you have decided to pursue a career as an insurance agent, you will first need to become licensed. The Maryland Insurance Administration requires that all applicants for an insurance agent's license take an approved pre-licensing course. Each of the four major license types (Property, Casualty, Life, Accident/Health) requires 20 hours of prelicensing study. Big I Maryland offers prelicensing courses for all of these licenses.
- Property & Casualty: given in a 40-hour classroom setting or self-study
- Life & Health: offered self-study
Questions? Contact our Education Coordinator, Kyrsten Langford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-766-0793.
We are pleased to offer an instructor led Property & Casualty Pre-Licensing Program at the Big I Maryland Headquarters. Our training program will satisfy the 40-hour Pre-Licensing requirement. Upon completion, you will be eligible to sit and complete the state licensing exam.
The class runs Monday-Friday for one week. Each day students attend a classroom, instructor-led eight-hour session to satisfy the 40-hour Maryland Pre-Licensing Education Requirement (PLE).
- Maryland Property & Casualty Pass Package textbook
- Candidate Information Bulletin
- Property & Casualty Exam Outline
- An additional online learning tool called the Exam Simulator is provided to all students which allows them to take practice quizzes. This is included in the cost of the course. A code is given out to students to access the study tool.
Members: $300 / Non-Members: $350
Self Study Pre-Licensing
Big I Maryland has partnered with WebCE to offer pre-licensing training solutions to best fit your learning style. You can now complete Property & Casualty and Life & Health training completely online.
Learning Tools Available:
- Online flashcards
- Practice exams
- State Exam Simulator
- Study Guide Workbook
Big I Maryland is pleased to offer free Property & Casualty pre-licensing training to all US Veterans! After you register, it is required that you send a copy of your photo ID as well as a copy of your DD-214 to our Education Coordinator, Kyrsten Langford at email@example.com.
Please be sure to review our Cancellation Policies & Procedures before registering.